Press "Enter" to skip to content

Propane explosion kills Pike man

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King announced today that Kevin Lee Botsford, 56, passed away yesterday in an accidental fire off of Highway 19 in Zebulon. The deadly fire occurred in a duplex at 5343 US Highway 19 and was reported by a neighbor. Upon entering the 5343 side of the duplex, firefighters were met with the explosion of a propane tank and found Mr. Botsford’s body in a lounge chair. The body was sent to the GBI Crime Lab for identification.’Investigators discovered four different 20-pound propane tanks at the scene of the fire,’ said Commissioner King. ‘Unfortunately, the heater was too close to combustible materials and that led to this deadly accident.” The death of Mr. Botsford marks the 91s tfire fatality in Georgia this year.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Website by - Copyright 2021